Lousy $%^&*() Pa antique plates

Guest Randy Berger

Pennsylvania actually should have given people a choice of the purple for antique and white for classic or the new design. I have a bunch of cars registered in PA and I just feel that the old plates looked much better on certain cars. For instance my 67 Camaro would not look good with a picture of a roadster on it, but my friends 24 Studebaker almost matches the car on the plate.

From a police officers view it would be easier to pick out a purple plate then one that matches the new plate colors even with a car on it. Not to change the subject but I will say that it really pi$%^* me off when I see a antique car that is modified with an antique registration on it. Streetrods should have streetrod plates on them not antique plates. When I asked PennDot about it they said that I, (being in local law enforcement) have the right to stop a vehicle like that because vehicles registered as antiques should be in the condition as they were from the factory.

Guest imported_Dwight V.

Not a fan of the goofy new plate either. I liked the purple and white plates.

I stuck a decal of a Mini on mine to cover poor Steve's car (whatever that thing is). If I get stopped, so be it. I've received a lot of comments at shows about my 'modification', and all have been positive. I also have it mounted on one of those magnetic car dealer tag holders so I can take it off and throw it in the trunk at shows if I'm inclined. Just have to remember to put it back. wink.gif