38 LaSalle Conv. Window Flipper Covers

Hello,

We are finishing up a 38 LaSalle Convertible Sedan and I have one broken window flipper for a rear door (covers opening w/windows down).

Is there any alternative to replacment than a 400 to 600 dollar pair. That is just too much

money to tie up in the car for something like this. They need not be 100 point, just functional w/decent plating.

Thank you.

JMM

John M. Mereness

(513) 478-1887

johnmereness@aol.com

You will find more information at the CLC Club Forum (Cadillac-LaSalle Club Forum). Do a search on "flipper arms" and you will see a few posts on the subject, including pictures of flipper arms on a 1940 LaSalle convertible. I am restoring a 1939 LaSalle Convertible Coupe Series 50, which does not have the flipper arms and does not have the notches in the top outside door openings. The pictures on the CLC site clearly show these notches and the flippers, so if your doors are notched, you need the flipper arms. These may be available from McVey's, but as you noted are quite expensive. At the CLC site, there are other ideas mentioned If you cannot locate that site, email me and I will provide the link.

I am presently restoring a 1939 LaSalle Convertible Coupe, Series 50, which is being carefully documented at www.fzoldcars.com At present, there are about 70 pictures posted. At the Home Page, click on '39 LaSalle Restoration to see a slide show of the progress to date. Also, click on "Attachment" on this page to see a picture of the flipper arm on a 1940 LaSalle convertible coupe.

Fred

post-48037-143137934525_thumb.jpg