What wheels fit a '56?

Guest imported_Thriller

Guest imported_Thriller

OK, this is something I should know...I plan on moving the '56 Special this spring and the guy storing it mentioned that the one tire looks beyond hope. I do have a few rims around that have been accumulated over the years...I know one is from a considerably later (70s) model. I believe all are 15"...what is the size of the bolt pattern and how is that measured?

Thanks.

Derek, the '56 has a 5" bolt spacing, measured center to center across the bolt/stud holes. Your '66 Wildcat wheels would be the same bolt spacing, but the only real issue is the later wheels have a smaller hole for the hub and may not fit on the '56, you may need to measure the hub on the '56 and then the wheels you have availabe to see if you have one that would work. Another option is if you have a Spare in the '56 use that or take it and if that tire is also questionable, get a new used tire for it so you only have to mess around once or twice with switch out the bad tire. Hope that helps!

Guest ewing

So Derek, I can offer you a loan of up to 4 wheels with good rubber on them to move your 56.( good fall back option if your other wheels proove to be wrong fit on your 56.)My wagon sits on them 12 months of the year with no air loss.

I'll just need them back after you get moved.