'38 Special interior (2dr sedan)

jeff

I am hoping to find some help on my '38 Special 2dr sedan interior. Here are my questions.

1. Is there an outer belt molding for the windows? I would think not, because of the little rubber bumpers that would seem to intrude on the installation of outer belt moldings.

2. Without outer belt moldings - is the sealing against rain accomplished only by the lip seal of the window regulator channel against the edge of the door? Seems like this would only serve to deflect or guide the water away from the door trim panel, water will still find its way inside to trickle down to the drain holes. (I made the mistake of assembling the glass without these lip seals, now I don't know if the windows will come back out of the channels without damage - is it worth the effort??)

3. What kind of trim goes around the window garnish molding?

4. Does anyone have patterns for the fabric? I would consider just going to Hampton Coach for a turn-key solution, but they only list a '37 2-door kit, and they don't want to make the effort to check out the similarities and offer a '38 2-door kit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.