looking for info on 1938 RC (express pickup) serial numbers.

Guest Ramrodz37

Guest Ramrodz37

I'm looking for information on the 1938 Dodge RC Express pickup, anyone know the range of serial numbers used for this model year? or where I could find it? All I can find is info for cars but nothing on trucks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest imported_RAH

Hi,

My serial number list shows two ranges. One from 8,186,701 (Oct. '37) to 8,204,334 (Aug. '38). I believe these to be Detroit production. The second range from 9,251,001 (Oct. '37) to 9,252,540 (Aug. '38). I believe these to be from California. I may be missing the Canadian production which may be the third serial range referred to above. I hope this helps.

Guest Ramrodz37

Thank you for the info RAH. I have only found two plants that produced "Dodge" pickups, Detroit Micigan and Evansville Indiana. So where does this third set of numbers come from? I know "Fargo" pickups were produced in Canadian plants but they have their own range of serial numbers. As for the California plant, they produced the "Plymouth" line of pickups. Maybe Manuel will share his info, or anyone else?

Guest Ramrodz37

Thankyou for the info that Dodge pickups were being produced in Canada in 1938, nowhere could I find that info,however I am not looking to have a number decoded; I am looking for the range of serial numbers (starting # and ending #)which they used for the 1938 procuction run at the Windsor plant. This info would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.