Month of production

dodgedh2

Can anyone tell me if there is a site that I can determine the month of production by serial number for my 1930 Dodge? I'm trying to determine available color schemes and the information I have begins with January 1930. I believe my car was built prior to this. Would the 1929 colors be appropriate prior to this date?

Guest imported_RAH

Hi,

I cannot speak to the color schemes but unfortunately you neglected to mention your cars serial number.

If you post same we can get close to the production month.

Rodger "Dodger" Hartley

RAH,

I didn't post the number because I don't normally post serial numbers for cars or guns. The serial number for my 1930 Dodge DD is 3508XXX. Any help in determining month of production and whether the 1929 color scheme would be appropriate for pre-Jan 1930 cars would be appreciated.

Guest imported_RAH

Sorry, I didn't mean to pry out trade secrets. The DD series starting serial number was 3,500,001 and went to 3,516,115 so your car would appear to be about half way through the production. The DD was introduced in Jan. '30 on 112" wb and was later referred to as '31s after July of '30. Apparantly the DD, called the Standard 6, continued along with the NEW DH after Jan. '31. The DH was on a 114" wb. As Larry suggested you might check with Chrysler for the build sheet. Perhaps there may be info. on the original color scheme.

Rodger "Dodger" Hartley

RAH,

Thanks for the information. I thought the DD started production in late 1929. I wasn't sure.

I don't consider the serial number a trade secret, it's just that it is HIGHLY inadvisable to show full serial numbers of cars or guns, as some undesirables out there have been known to claim ownership and report them stolen. That is why it's always advisable to "X" out the last few digits if one does show them online.