89 Cassette won't play

DAVES89

The last thing on my '89 [besides the lumbar support bag, but that I can handle],that doesn't work is the cassette deck. When I go to the touch screen and press eject or play[don't think there is a tape in the unit], nothing happens. Any ideas? I have considered doing what Tommy and F-14 have done by bypassing the cassette and using a portable CD player or MP3 player, but I don't "get" how they did it. Technology has passed me by. Thanks again for your help as always!

if you want i could make the stuff up, so all you had to do was attach it, if you want. the hardest part is the wiring, because the wires are so small. let me know

Guest F14CRAZY

Tommy's approach is best. I just haven't done it because I think my radio module is half-blown.

You can also use a hardwired FM modulator which won't cost you much and won't be as involved, but sound quality isn't as good as if you did it tommy's way

Thanks for confirming what I thought. Tommy has spent the time and worked out what seems to be the best way going. I checked out the FM modulater and don't like the idea of wires hanging all over. When it gets done it, should look professional. Thanks Tommy!