Chicago Auto Show unscientific test

PVRed90

Yesterday my 19 year old son and I attended the first day of the 2007 Chicago Show. We spent about six hours looking at just about every car there. I must have sat in a dozen two seat convertibles and came to the conclusion my 90 Reatta is more compfortable and easier to get in and out of then just about anything currently available. Sure I liked many of the new models and I am sure most of them would outperform the Reatta but technologically they aren't that much better. Made me feel good about what I have instead of yearning for something new.

The G6 coupe might be fine. I would be a little concerned with the long term prospects for keeping the roof retraction systen going on the G6 conv. The hinges and retraction mecchanism look to be a little light weight to me, compared to some of the other hard top retracts.

Guest CL_Reatta

Ya, except getting in in out when the top is down is annoying because your head hits the corner of the windshield if you don't think before entering/exiting.

I'm sure the parts are stronger than they appear. As most of you know, the hardtop convertible is really not new. The first US make to have them was Ford. The car was called the Skyliner and it was built from 1957 to 1959. The following link shows this icon from the 1950's along with some TV icons from the same period. I'm sure you will love it and Lucy too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY6FzQyWAVY&NR

Yup Howard I enjoyed it.

Reminds me of when Dad picked up the 57 Skyliner from Courtesy Ford in Chicago and drove us to FL. Somewhere in GA, the tire chains slipped out of the little luggage box in the trunk and got caught in the solenoids for the operating mechanism and we drove the car with the top half up to Sarasota.

I remember Dad's 57 very well because I spilled a carton of milk in it and got the spanking of my life. The car smelled till he sold it, and may be stinking up some junk yard to this day.