DA sending unit

Guest 1930

I am hoping that someone knows of a modern replacement gas tank sending unit that would be compatable with my 29/30 DA fuel tank or know of someone who has access to parts that can rebuild the original one that came out of my tank. The gears that they use in these things are pot metal I believe and have proven to be fragile. Thanks for any responses

Guest imported_RAH

Hi,

If the gears on the 'DA' are similar to the earlier 4 cyl check with Tom Myers at 734-856-1207

or Roy Brister at 870-251-4513. These are brass reproductions of the original pot metal ones.

Good Luck. Rodger "Dodger" Hartley

Hello Roger, I have included here a picture of what my sending unit looks like, maybe you can tell me wether it looks close to anything you have seen. Thanks

post-48869-143137924878_thumb.jpg

I have contacted Tom Meyers, sent him pictures and am awaiting his reply, looked and there is no picture in their catalog. Will let you know, thanks

Just received those sending unit gears tonight from Tom Meyers and they are identical to what I need, I just want to add that I have only purchased a few items from them but they are first on my list to go to if there is something I am in need of, they make me feel as if if they are eager to do buisness with me and that I am not another couple of dollars like some other suppliers of D.B. parts. Wish they stocked more DA parts but at least we all know that the earlier gears thay offer for D.B vehicles are the same ones used in my 29/30 car.

Pete, on my 32 DL 6 I had trouble with the sending unit and replaced

mine with a new one that I found in a surplus store or a farm store that might

have been made for some utility vehicle or something, but it has a dial

on the top and the electrical connection as well. picked it up for about

$5.00 I just don't remember where I got it. All the screw holes lined up and

the float was adjustable. It's been nice to be able to read the tank level

while outside the car - and still have a working fuel gauge.

Larry