30 Stude model ?

I have just purchased a 30 Stude Dictator 6 cyl. The question I have is what model vehicle is this, it has twin side mounts. Is this a std four door, tourer,brougham ? Another thing is it has 17 inch wheels, I thought they all had 19 inch. Its pretty good shape except for some chroming

post-48299-143137922913_thumb.jpg

You have a Dictator Regal Brougham. A Dictator with dual sidemounts was called by Studebaker a Dictator Regal. Without sidemounts just a plain Dictator. Regarding the wheels. It is very possible you might have wire wheels from either a non Studebaker car, or a Studebaker of the early to mid thirties. I once had the opportunity to buy a 1929 Studebaker Commander Brougham and while checking the car out the wire wheels did not "look" right to me. When I asked the seller about the wheels he volunteered the information that wheels were from a Model A Ford. I did not buy the car because of that problem and others issues the car had.

Here is a picture of a friend of mine's 1929 Dictator Regal Cabriolet. Notice the looke of the 19 inch wire wheels. Yours may have had a bigger hub cap in 1930 but would have been close to these.

dictator2.jpg

I did some further research for you. According to the Studebaker Master Catalog Chassis Parts All Eights 1929-1940 (they are available as reprints), your wheels should be as follows:

Your wheel size is: 19X4

Your wheels were available with either 5-inch hubcaps or 8 inch hub cap depending on your car?s serial number.

You need wheels with 5-inch hubcaps if the serial is before 2,131,978 (wheel part number is 165441)

You need wheels with 8-inch hubcaps if the serial number is after 2,131,978 (wheel part number is 173012)

The location of your serial number is stamped into a plate riveted to the drivers side of the frame just behind the left front wheel.