Old car found in the woods...

rustygecko

Hey, thanks guys! We mostly just wanted to know what we'd found. I'm sure it could be moved out and fixed up by someone with the proper talent and money, but.. it is pretty well centered away from roads in a state park, and the only way you can tell where the old road it came in on was is by looking for the line of smaller trees. So, it looks like it will stay there next to the remains of an old building.. but you've made our day by identifying it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, Looks like the Titanic under water. I'm not sure I agree with Pontiac59. Restoration of this vehicle would be horrendously expensive with what little you have there. Such a shame it had ben allowed to simply rot there in the woods.

Franj </div></div>

I've said it before; I'll say it again.

Those who can, do; those who can't, sit online criticizing things.

I probably should just make that my signature -

The car seems to be missing only the hood and the glass; it even has 4 (well, at least two) wheels and running boards on it. The engine will most certainly be junk but provided the frame is not rotted, one could have it up and running as a street rod in a few weeks worth of work - depending on what route one goes with the front suspension, of course. There is no major rot visible in any of the panels; I've personally sold much rougher cars to guys with plans to restore them. You certainly can't wash it, wax it, change the oil and put new brake pads on it, but it's definately a buildable car.

I wouldn't hesitate to bring it home, even if that meant cutting it apart into sections a couple guys could hand carry to a road. You can always weld it back together again.