56 olds original color combo? see pic, is it rare?

olds88

Hi, Here is my 56 olds that I am about ready to send to the body and paint shop. Most of the ones I have seen have the color split more between the top and bottom of the car, I have yet to see another one like this with just the white top. Is this common for the plain 88's? The paint code is 70-60 whiich I believe means alcan white upper and turquoise lower but why is it that most of the ones you see have the paint like one color on the top and hood and top half of fender, and the second color on the lower half of body and trunk? I was planning on going with the original color, what do you think?

post-44475-143137911815_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_pete324rock

I'm not familiar with the post model but I wonder where you would split the paint to make it any other way considering the door frames-maybe I'm missing something.The holidays have no color issues with the door frames which makes the split easy... I would think. Nice looking car-mind if I ask what type of paint you plan to use? pete

Hey you are right, I guess there is no way to split it clean on two colors. I have seen one in a picture that was solid black color but have not seen too many lkie this. I am not sure what kind of paint to use, I was just going by what the body shop says on that, they did say something about number of coats and amount of shine desired and of course amount of cost, depending on how I wanted it to look. any suggestions out there on paint type?

hard to tell, but is yours a 4 door post, because on mine I am not sure how the 88 4 dorr post could have been split because there is no clean line with the stainless trim. Not that I want to split the paint anyway because I wanted it like original.