need info on tire size on 1970 GS ( bf goodrich radial t/a's)

i am looking to put bf goodrich radial t/a's on my 70 GS. however i am uncertain as to what size i can fit on my 14 inch ralley rims which are factory rims.i want to go with a wider tire for a more sporty look.<BR>the tires that are on it now are P215/75R14.<BR>i originally wanted to go with a 60 series tire all around, but i'm not sure they will fit.<BR>any help/feedback would be greatly appreciated.<BR>thanks

Just a note on tire sizes. A P215/75R14 breaks down to be 215 cm of tread width and 75% ratio for the sidewall height (161cm). R is Radial, 14 is that it is for a 14" rim. You should be able to put just about any 14" tire on your car but remember that by changing sizes you change the circumferance of the tire therfore changing your speedometer reading.

shocked.gif" border="0 CAREFUL before putting on the biggest 14's you can find! Having been a tire dealer for over 20 years, including quite a few handling BFG, I've seen many cases of tires being ruined from mounting on the wrong rims.<P>First, measure your rim width inside the beads... probably 6 or 7 inch. Take this info to a T/A dealer and he will have a specs book telling you what size tire will work on your rim. Each tire size has a "Design Rim Width" which is the ideal rim width for optimum tire performance and tread life. They will also list "Accepted Rim Widths"... these are usually plus or minus 1 inch from the ideal width. frown.gif" border="0 You won't be happy if you pick a tire size too wide or too narrow for your wheels!<P>After you get this info from the dealer, THEN you can go to the "discount" houses to make your purchase. Hope this helps.