Starbird Custom Reatta

Booreatta

I have always heard of the Reatta that was customized by Daryl Starbird, but I

have not seen it till today. The car is a 1989 red with tan interior, with a sunroof. The car has had the front changed a lot and looks a lot like the Viper, while the rear is not change very much. The tail lights were left in tact with the BUICK letters still there. I looks nice and can be seen at The National Rod and Custom car Hall of Fame in Afton Oklahoma along with lots of the custom cars of the past. Other cars of note are the Big T that was built for the Monogram Model Company. It is a great place to visit. There is also a new book out called "Darryl Starbird the Bubble Top King Custom Car Creations" .

The Starbird family has done a lot of customs over the years and when you see them you go oh I wondered who did that.

The name of the Reatta has been changed and now called the '89 Buick Riatta.

and the car was done by his youngest son Rick Starbird. I was hard to read the VIN but the last 6 digits are 901675 and Barney It is Not in the data base.

Guest F14CRAZY

I found another site...Google is the answer to the world's problems

fame025.jpg

fame049.jpg

Sorry, but I personally don't think it's of good tastes

Guest F14CRAZY

Ah, that's what it resembles, Pontiac. I think there's too much overhang in the front. If you stood back from it, I'm certain it would look goofy

Yeah, the front end picture looks like a stumpy Firebird and the rear pic looks like she packed away a few extra donuts in her trunk. The looks were cheapened by the styling and by even painting the door handle and locks red. The look of this Reatta is only one step up from a rusted out wreck owned by an unknowledgable or careless driver left behind a garage.

Guest Durahansolo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the rear end and the side moldings but I agree with everyone else that says that the front end ruins the whole car. </div></div>

LOL Ditto for me.

• 6 years later...
Guest RaverReatta

Ouch... I just came across this randomly... I stumbled upon a pic of the back of the car and was like, heyyyyyy........ that looks good, and then I saw the front... I frowned.