What does this glass work for?

zack

I found this glass piece in the back of a 50's chevy panel truck.It was in a box that looked like a factory box but was faded and of no use.This glass is fully tinted in amber and measures(across the center)13 1/2" wide and 37"long.I read one time that amber was used on a particular model,but can't remember the one it was.Also,there are two(by design)pin holes near the one edge.Bottom mark says-safety loc,solid plate,2-41.Anyone?

post-47571-143137908099_thumb.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I found this glass piece in the back of a 50's chevy panel truck.It was in a box that looked like a factory box but was faded and of no use.This glass is fully tinted in amber and measures(across the center)13 1/2" wide and 37"long.I read one time that amber was used on a particular model,but can't remember the one it was.Also,there are two(by design)pin holes near the one edge.Bottom mark says-safety loc,solid plate,2-41.Anyone? </div></div>

For starters, that's modern glass, most likely for a car built in the 1980's or later, judging from the shape, and the compound curved contour to it. Most likely, it is glass intended to be flush-mounted, as opposed to fitting in some sort of channel. Other than that, I cannot tell.

Art Anderson

Re: "It was in a box that looked like a factory box but was faded and of no use"

Hmmm, I think tinting tells us it's a windshield? When did tinting start? Was it before panoramics?

ID is a tough call. I'd take a closer look at the faded box, dust it off and you might just find a part # ,at least a partial or even a Logo. It's a nice piece.