Fuel pump relay location

Guest Buick Mike

Guest Buick Mike

In an attempt to solve a hard starting problem on my '90 I am going to replace the fuel pump relay. Where is it? Looking at the firewall there is a holder with three slots. The left slot is empty and the other two have relays. One of those must be the fuel pump... which? Bonus question - What does the other one control? Thanks.<P>Mike

I am not sure if a 90 is the same as the 89 but on Mine there is 3 relays. One is for the fuel pump and the other 2 are for the Abs system.

fuel pump relay under center consol on passenger side next to your left leg while seated, behind that little carpeted door. the ones under the hood behind tran. dip stick, looking at them, left is brake pump relay, right is ABS relay

I had a real problem starting my 1990. I took it to my local GM dealership and lo and behold there is a product update that is specifically for hard starting on the 1990 Reatta. I suggest you go to the GM dealer and not try to self diagnose the problem. I found out there are 4 product updates that relate to hard starting.<P>Going to the dealer is more expensive to begin with but in the long run I have found it much cheaper to go there rather than try to self diagnose the problem. I went to the dealer one time and had the hard starting problem solved immediately. I really doubt your problem has anything to do with the fuel pump.<P>Hope this helps<BR>Will cool.gif" border="0