1955 Pontiac Starchief 2-door post *DELETED*

superjunkman

Ron,

That's the 1st thing I thought of when I saw 2 door post. Did they even make a 55 Starchief 2 door post? I'm at work so I don't have my Standard Catalog in front of me. It's maybe a $1000 car if the RIGHT person wants it. Otherwise, there are several of these available on ebay - and I even saw a 55 Starchief 2 door hardtop offered by a company in Colorado last year for $1000 (project) so no one should have to pay anything like $3900 for a Starchief 2 door HT project, let alone a Chieftain.

For 55 Pontiac offered:

Series 27 (Model 860 and 870) and 28 (Star Chief) line up. Chieftain series 27 included the Catalina Coupe Deluxe, 2-Door Sedan, 2-Door Sedan Deluxe, 4-Door Sedan, 4-Door Sedan Deluxe, 4-Door Station Wagon, 4-Door Station Wagon Deluxe, and 2-Door Station Wagon.

The Star Chief series 28 included the Safari 2-Door Wagon, Convertible Coupe, 4-Door Sedan, 4-Door Sedan Deluxe and the 2-Door Custom Catalina.

The trim is a quick give away that this car is a Chieftain plus it is shorter then the Star Chief. A $400 vehicle with condition and what's missing.

Agreed - I always look for the stainless lower extension from the rear wheel wells back. The extra length of a StarChief also really helps it's appearance.