Woodward Dream Cruise

Guest Flash

I went the 1st couple of years but then stopped going, to many people and it's nothing but a long parking lot now. The 1st year was the best, we parked at the north west side of 13 mile and Woodward and watched the drag races from the stop light, what was nice about this is that the police were also watching and letting it happen, the show didn't stop until after 1am...........ahhh the good old days.

The very 1st year we took a 68 Chevy Impala, a 3/4 ton 4x4 3 door Chevy Suburban, 2 different sandrail, a 81 Corvette, a 73 Mustang conv. a 84 Mustang conv. & 74 Vw Baja, needless to say we may many trips back to the house to get each car, my Insurance agent loved me back then.

If you are tired of the parking lot that the "Dream" cruise has become, come up to Flint (60 miles north) and join us for the "Back to the Bricks--under the arches" cruise! We have shut down the downtown area , and only "Cruiser" cars are allowed in! We have a DJ,2 bands , and activities throughout the day! The first 1000 cars get a free "Bricks" T shirt!

I ran out of "Teds" years ago, and dont go to Woodward because I hate to see our 5 lane drag strip turned into a parking lot!

Guest CL_Reatta

I usually go every year (it's only a few miles from my house) and I don't ever remember seeing a Reatta in the cruise lanes, but I have seen some newer cars like corvettes and a few other cars that are newer then 20 years, but every year it turns more into a parking lot, and when passing below it on 696 you can watch all the smog rise up from the cars.

Guest CL_Reatta

sorry should have been more specific that I was talking about the woodward one, but the Flint one sounds interesting.....maybe next year

Guest CL_Reatta

Just came back from woodward, saw 1 white 90 convertable, but was the only one I saw, did'nt know if it was anyone's here? P.S. if your here sorry if I was a little short but was in the middle of getting my food at the onion roll deli