'28 buick doctor's coupe - plug / points gap please

wallywingnut

If you gap the points at .015 and the plugs at .025 - .030 it will run good.

If you have a strong coil then you could widen the plugs out to .040 to get a stronger / hotter spark , but best to stick to around .025 to get it going then you can play with it.

Good luck .

Ken. ' 29 tourer.

Oh , another important point I forgot. Put fresh oil in it before you start it up !!

And make sure you turn it by hand over and check all the valves are not stuck. Take the tappet cover off and pour oil all over the rocker gear , springs and valve stems. Take the plugs out and pump a half dozen shots of oil into cylinders and leave for a day or two.

Ken.

hey ken, thanks tons!!! i wire brushed the old plugs - they were gapped just right @ .025 just like you recommended... i had removed them, and i poured a quart of "marvel mystery oil" equally into all 6 cylinders and had left it in there for 3 or 4 days - then i spun her over by hand, also as you recommended... she sounded quiet enough, and smooth enough... so i spun her over with the plugs out with the starter... sounded real smooth... changed the oil too... i flushed the gas tank, filled with fresh fuel, primed the vacume canister with fresh gas - checked that the choke was operating properly, installed a new battery and wellah!!! she fired up as soon as i touched the starter pedal --- i drove her around the block a few times --- this is the oldest car i have ever owned, and i am amazed at what joy it gives... thanks for your help... bill