Removing body off 70 GS

I have a 70 GS 350 that I want to have the frame and under body sandblasted and painted. The car has solid floors but just starting to show surface rust. I bought it as a shell, nothing in or on it, just the body and frame. So I thought before I put it back together ( I have all the parts needed fro my last 3 buick projects and parts cars ) I would have it sandblasted and painted before there is any damage.I am a hobbyist and have a decent shop but do not have the funds for a professional restoration. I would any suggestions on the easiest/safest way to lift the body off. I have comealongs, chain hoists, cherry pickers. I did this once by attaching chains to the door hinge bolts and chains to the trunk hinges and lifted up the body with chain hoists and rolled the frame out. That body was being junked to I didn't care if it twisted and since i never put it back together, I don't know if it messed up the trunk. So if anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance for your time.

I asked the same question about 4 months ago and based on that I built a wood thing and hoisted it up using comealongs. Try a search under my name 3Jakes and see if you can locate the post - there are photos and everything.

thanks,

I found the thread,great ideas! very helpful with good tips. pictures were great. I think I'll combine both ideas of using my roof and building supports/braces from the floor to the ceiling joyces for support so the roof doesn't fall down. This way the body is in doors and less of of a hoist needs to be built and my ceiling is open, easy to get to. I'll then attach angle iron and or 2x4's or 6's to the frame mounts and use some comealongs to raise the car. Once up in the air I'll roll out the frame and rest the angle iron/2x4 or 6's on something high enough to get under and work on it. I really like the idea of being able to tip the car on it's side so I'll probably then hook come alongs on all 4 corners of the attached braces on the frame. This way I'll be able to raise one side and work on it and then raise the other and work on it. Thanks again, I learned a lot from your thread. It will probably be a couple weeks before I am ready but I'll let you know how I made out. Brad