Pierce-Arrow Brake Linings

Guest Randy Berger

Guest Randy Berger

Can anyone help with the specifications for the brake linings for a 1931 Pierce Arrow model 43? Need especially the lining thickness but would also be interesting in knowing the linings lengths for each of the shoes, if they differ. Also if known could use any modern numbers for the wheel bearing grease seals, front and rear.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stude8

If you haven't found the data you requested let me know, I have some early Chilton books that list lining sizes by make and model. I am not sure of the 1931 Pierce system, is it 2 shoes per wheel nor 3? I thought they used the same systems as Studebaker President 8 models prior to 1931 which were the Bendix 3 shoe system. I have that data scanned from several sources and can email it along, mostly it is detailed adjustment procedures. I can look through those books for Pierce applications if it would help. I'll attach a scan of the Chilton Studebaker data as reference. For these files it would be best to email me at nopicnic_2000@yahoo.com.

Uhfortunately this site won't accept MSWord files, I'll just attach the jpeg pg54 adjust start. Stude8

post-31139-143137899669_thumb.jpg