1917 series 18 roadster

Guest oldcar31

Guest oldcar31

Hi

I would like to communicate with owners of 1917 series 18 roadsters especially those people who maybe halfway thru a restoration as I would like to see some wood patterns amongst other things. Plus could somebody tell me the equivalent size for a 920x120 tire and where I may purchase them.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 17studie

Hi.

I am in the process of restoring a series 18 tourer and have had to remake all the wooden parts of the body. I was lucky that although all the old wood was rotten it was more or less intact and could be used as patterns.

I know of someone in Queensland who is restoring a roadster - he may be able to help.

I am looking for parts for the jump seats for my tourer, if anyone can help.

Also does anyone have an email address for Andrew Ott - would like to contact him re an article he wrote on series 18 jump seats.

cheers, David

I believe your car is equipped with 26" Kelsey rims. That would be the inside diameter of the tire, so a measurement across the maximum outside of the rim including the rim side flanges would be about 27 3/8". As such they took 34 x 4 tires originally. The metric size you have while oversize, are close and no doubt close enough to work. Here in the US try www.universaltire.com or www.coker.com there are others as well. If you are outside the US they may be available more reasonably in the metric sizes.