Please Help - I Have A Problem

jofebufu

Hello --

I am in need of a little clarification, and some help settling a bar bet. I have a friend that insists that in 1957 the only station wagon that Buick offered was the Caballero four door hardtop and that all Buicks that year had the 364. I THINK that I remember my parents driving a 1957 SPECIAL station wagon that had a pillar, and had the smaller 322 ci V8. Am I completely out of line here, or is there someone who might know if I'm hallucinating, or was there such a car?

A pitcher of beer rests on this information. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

J

post-46023-143137894141_thumb.jpg

American car spotter guide

shows a Special Wagon ((post) as well as a Century wagon (hardtop)

but here is a note that says

"All with new 364 CID Engine (cont'd in Special and Lesabre models through 1961)

Standard catalog of old cars shows the Special with a 364ci 250hp

shows the Century with a 364ci 300 HP, Super used the Century engine

There was actually 3 station wagons for 1957. The model 49 that was a Special,with a post,and a model 49D which shared the pillarless body of the Cabellero (model 69)

The model 49 and 49D had 364 engines with lower compression and a 2 bbl carb. The Model 69 had high compression and a 4 bbl carb .The Cabellero also has stainless roof rails and a fancier interior.