Year of Manufacture Plates

Guest rodney

Guest rodney

I am moving to Colorado this summer and am looking for info regarding whether or not year of manufacture plates can be used there and if so, if one or two plates are required. Thanks for any help.

Rod

1951 Roadmaster

Guest rodney

Hi John,

I have reviewed that site and I must be missing the info because I don't see it as related to "yom." They do provide numbers so I can call. I was just wondering if anyone had specific knowledge of Colorado laws. Thanks for your help.

Rod

You might access the website for the Colorado DMV or possibly a link to their vehicle codes for "antique" vehicles. There might also be some information on the SEMA.org website, which would relate to passed legislation on that issue in Colorado. You might also check on the BCA Chapter list in The Bugle to contact some of the operatives in Colorado for their input and knowledge in what you desire to do.

Of course, any YOM plate will have to be from the state of residence rather than where you might have previously used your existing YOM plates.

I suspect there will be some vintage license plate vendors at swap meets up there just as there are in TX. Using the TX codes as a guide, you will probably have to get the vehicle inspected and licensed in the state prior to getting it changed over to a YOM or antique plate. If you find one of your liking at a swap meet, then there are guidelines to get it restored and then accepted by the DMV as suitable for use AND then them making the necessary changes to the registration documents. Might take a while, but it can be worth it.

Just some thoughts,

NTX5467