1949 Ford 2 door sedan

Bronc

I am starting to look for random parts for a 1949 Ford 2 door sedan. Can anyone tell me if things like the trunk hinges, trunk latch, front bumper, etc. are the same on the Coupe and the 2 door Sedan of the same year model?

Thanks for any help,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am starting to look for random parts for a 1949 Ford 2 door sedan. Can anyone tell me if things like the trunk hinges, trunk latch, front bumper, etc. are the same on the Coupe and the 2 door Sedan of the same year model?

Thanks for any help, </div></div>

I'm no expert on '49-'51 Fords, but given the external mounting of trunk hinges, I'd say they were the same, regardless of body style, same with the trunk latch assembly. Front bumpers are the same across the line.

Bear in mind that all that differentiates the different body styles (save for the station wagons) of '49 Fords are some different body panels, such as roof, quarter panels, decklid (as in the difference between 2-/4-dr sedan vs business coupe, and convertible), and doors (2-dr sedan and business coupe had longer side dcors than did the 4-door sedan).

Art