Brakes - quick question

Ted Davenport

I have read many posts about abs brake problems on this board....luckily, I do not have any these problems. But I need to have my brake's done, and am worried that my mechanic is not qualified to work on them. Are the brakes pads and rotors that difficult to maintain, or is it just the abs system that I have to worry about? My garage has done very good work for years with our other cars, but I don't think he has ever seen a Reatta.

Guest Buick Mike

The only Reatta my mechanic has ever seen is mine and he had no trouble working on the brakes themselves or the ABS. Brakes are pretty much brakes - if your shop is competent they can do it.<P>Mike<P>

I agree with Mike. My mechanic has had no problems replacing pads, rotors and calipers on my Reatta. Mine is the only one ha has worked on. I even replaced the rotors and pads on the front myself once.

Guest wally888

You might want to read some of the info re:<BR>suggested pads, good time to flush entire system, Dot 3, open bleeds when pushing calipers back, the brake tests, etc.<P>------------------<BR> <A HREF="http://www.reatta.net" TARGET=_blank>www.reatta.net</A> has supplemental info re.88, 89 and 90 Reatta Brakes.<BR>Please inform me of any new info, info needing editing or errors. A work in progress.