Steering column:

jonlabree

Has any one had a problem with the Reatta's steering column? I am told that there are three pins down in the column that can and, do come loose. They work their way out and if left, they can fall out and one could loose steering.

Any one heard of this problem???

And what if any is the fix?

grin.gif

had it happen in my 88 truck. You will know if you have a problem. You will fell it in the steering wheel. Flat rate book listed something like 2-1/2 hours. I was working at the Gm plant and went to the dept. where the columes were installed. [they came in from another factory fully assembled]. When one had a problem, electrical or what ever instead of shipping them back to the factory they would send a guy to fix them when we had enough bad ones. The guy just happened to be at our plant that day. I told him my problem and he stayed after our shift and fixed mine on the parking lot. He had a special rool of Gm tools. he did the job in a half-hour flat. Believe me, this is not something that you want to try for the first time. So many wires and clips and gismoose. You would never get it all back together. I just changed my Avalanche steering wheel to one with some wood. That is about as far as I want to go. Also if you do not disconnect the air bag by the book you can really cause problems.....ken

post-30972-143137879621_thumb.jpg