Home Page Links (Automatic or Requested?)

JanK

I've been building a 2002 Founders tour page (soon to be pages) on our local AACA website. At what point should it be linked to the events section on the AACA National home page? <P>Do we request the link at some point in the future? If so, how far in advance should we make the request?<P>What factors determine the timing for the link? I'd like to generate excitement for the event, but not so far in advance that people become tired of hearing about it!<P>I realize we're breaking new ground in many ways every day, and the paperwork is usually the last thing that gets done. The AACA National website is a powerful marketing tool, but I suspect it may be overlooked by the various meet and tour planners. I suggest that the publicity sections of our national manuals be updated to include guidelines for effective use of the website for these types of events.<P>Jan K.<BR>Wis Region

I try to keep the calendar on the main page current as to the events coming in the next 3-4 months.<P>Certainly send me the URL to the page though and I'll add it to the calendar of events page... so people can see more than just the text on the calendar.<P>As to guidelines. ITs all new to me in some ways... so not sure i can put it all on paper. Common sense though dictates that we at least get the link up somewhere, and add it to the main page at the appropriate time.<P>Thanks,<P>Peter<P>------------------<BR>Peter Gariepy<BR>AACA Webmaster<BR> peterg@aaca.org <BR>www.aaca.org

The actual page for the 2002 Founders Tour can be found at: <A HREF="http://www.aaca.org/wisconsin/founders_tour_2002.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.aaca.org/wisconsin/founders_tour_2002.htm</A> <P>If you add it to the calendar of events, and bring it over to the main page at the proper time, we'll be very appreciative.<P>This web stuff is relatively new to me as well -- at least from the production side. But it's turning out to be fun, so I keep doing it.<P>Jan K.<BR>Wis Region