serial # location

J Man

Guest leadfoot

There are three relevant numbers on all DBs of this era. The vehicle number will be stamped into the right frame rail just above and behind the rear front spring shackle. If there is a manufacture's plate on the toeboard near the starter switch, it should be the same.

The engine number should be stamped on the block just above the carbureator. If that number is about 50,000 higher than the serial number, it may be the original engine.

The body number is usually stamped into the firewall. These numbers relate to the body type and run consecutively. On my '23 touring it is close to the serial number because most DBs built to that date were touring cars.

Guest imported_RAH

J Man,

Ledfoot is correct IF your car is later in the '23 year, ie. '24 style frame. The transition from the '15-'23 style frame to the frame with straight non-paralell frame rails ('24 style) is also a transition of serial number locations. On the earlier frames the serial number will be found on top of the frame cross member on the passengers side just ahead of the seat riser under the floor boards. He is correct for the later frames location. The serial number break is roughly at 929894. As a rule of thumb the later frame serial numbers will be prefixed by the letter "A-"

Rodger "Dodger" Hartley

Hello Folks

Good Morning from Australia

I hope you folks can help me!

I have just purshased a 1922? Dodge Brothers Tourer.

The number on the firewall identification plate states 483318

Does this number reflect that the vehicle is definelity a 1922 model?

Regards

Trevor Horan

Guest imported_RAH

Welcome Trevor,

The number stamped in the firewall is the body number and will be essentially irrelevant for determining the cars vintage. Check the frame number as descibed above. Remember the engine number will be roughly 50,000 higher than the cars official number.

Rodger "Dodger" Hartley