1949 Buicks (restored & unrestored) parts and cars FOR SALE

alroehl

I have for sale 6 unrestored 1949 Buicks (2 riviera's, 2 convertibles, 1 sedanette, 1 sedan), and 1 fully restored show-quality (won a silver at nationals) 1949 Buick four-door sedan. I also have hundreds of parts for sale. I have engines, doors, seats, transmissions, mounts, radiators, etc. (all for the 49 Buick) Please visit my website for pictures and info at Roehl Auto Parts Inc. . You may also contact me at BigRoehl@wowway.com . I am sorry I haven't been better in returning the emails but I had a problem with my provider forwarding them to me. So if you tried to contact me and I didn't respond, please try again.

For some reason the seller (Alex Roehl) is not answering emails so I sent him a DEPOSIT on one of his Roadmaster Riviera 2 door hardtops by SNAIL MAIL. That worked. He responded to my snail mail by email allowing me time to raise the balance for purchase of one of his Rivieras. I suggest the same. He has a website, which you may have visited - and on there is his address, also as follows:

Alex Roehl

6148 Williamson

Dearborn, MI 48126

I hope this helps.

Well I certainly understand because we have had posters here in the Buy/Sell Forum, especially sellers who are not members but who have a Buick car for sale, that post a minimal message then never visit again.

A lot of people have email service that blocks out a lot of messages. Perhaps this is happening. Everyday I get several bogus emails from the "Nigerian" scam.

In my case, I have seen few 49 2 door hardtops available for $2500 so I knew if I waited for a proper response, other folks with cash and a trailer would beat me to it. I had to act quickly.

So just keep in mind what your goal is and keep focused on that, not necessarily the sellers email courtesies. I can tell you his email response was professional and decent.

Good luck

guess you were just 'lucky'............ i've sent this guy quite a few emails at (3) different addresses. so far, all he's managed to do is to ignore them all. nothing personal, but i don't really care if he sold you a buick for a buck twenty five. this is not 'the way' to conduct business, and furthermore, he doesn't need you or anyone else to make any excuses for him.............

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
Guest 49shine

I purchased a set of sweepspears for my 49 from alex a couple of years back, with the intentions of picking up the spears, when traveling there to get a good front seat "restorable ,,and a few other parts, a cl post of the area, gained a thread that Alex Roehl was deceased two years back, so it is possible he is now deceased..LOL i was out 1,400. for a full set of rechromed buick sweepspears i never got...so be cautious guys,, january 12, 2010 620-742-0011:(

49 shine,

No reason to be cautious as Alex has not checked in for 4 years here and had 10 total posts. He was never that active here, and only to sell off his 49 Buick stash.

I hope he is not deceased, but suspect he is because he sent me my parts promptly and I paid a LOT less then you did. If you legitimately paid him $1400 then he would have gotten these parts to you for sure - unless - he did pass away.

How can you come on here 4 years after his posts and say beware? I spend $1400 on entire cars! If I spent $1400 on redone sweepspears (and to my knowledge (I could be wrong) - sweepspears are stainless not chromed) I would be wanting them pronto.

Guest 49shine

I should have been clearer, I purchased the sweepspears for the 1 year only 49 buick riviera, i purchased the sweepspears about 3 years ago on ebay where he did alot of selling with his site that is also now gone and i had planned to go there to Dearborn Michigan to get my spears when purchasing a few other parts..I have called Alex's Number several times. I am quite sure he is deceased, his number has also been disconnected, research has found a relative from tennesee but i can't get anyone there either.. I should have had him send me the spears , the convertible is a work in process and i am getting close to wanting to finish the car.. i may take a trip to detroit, to find out if he has indeed passed , or is just not doing any business, im hoping he is alive and well, i posted here hoping to get a responce from a family member,, i did not want to ship the spears because a there rare, pot metal, rechromed. and were very expensive. very breakable, i got married and was working way too many hours.... anyway,, hopefully he is alive and well. i was told by a craigslist response that he had passed on.

Guest 49shine

they did not make the spears stainless till 1950 the 49 sweepspears are pot metal with chrome..half year on convertible, and 400 or so rivieras that year.

they did not make the spears stainless till 1950 the 49 sweepspears are pot metal with chrome..half year on convertible, and 400 or so rivieras that year.

I was not sure since 49 was 1st year.

When I purchased some parts from Alex, off ebay auctions and his posting of a project 49 Riviera here - I emailed him a lot and he told me the reason for the sell off was a move to Tennessee.

It seemed uncharacteristic of him to sell those for $1500 and then just keep them. After a period of time, I am sure he would have tried to reach out to you.

I do remember the Tennessee reason for selling as he had this stash of 49 stuff if not mistaken - over in Canada in Windsor.

Guest 49shine

He seemed like a nice enough guy, he sent me pictures of a 49 convertible he wanted 2500. for the car . i remember him mentioning the car was in canada. and the pictures were in a barn with several riviera parts cars. the spears had been reworked cleaned up and i think they had like a brass coating. he sold the car shortly after i really dont know if he sold off everything, or he passed and his family sold the stuff, i have not had good luck trying to build this car, i paid 1,800. to a guy from maine with a business called golden rod garage, neil something... he resold that car, ripped-- and i got scammed by a guy named glenn motts from veedersburg indiana,,who does not even have a salvage yard let alone a 2,500. car which i was ripped for. i met the guy at his home.. what a loser, people researching this guy...he is a flim flam mann....SCAMmmer.... after the last few deals i have learned something if you buy it ,,only in person,,take it home afterwords...the good deals are out there though...i bought a 1969 camaro convertible this summer for 1700. and it was a solid complete car when i got to pittsburg pennsylvania to pick it up..it was better than it looked on ebay buy it now..