German Buick´s

Fritz1959

Hi, this is Markus and i´m the new one here.

I´m a German and for this reason, please forgive my bad English.

In 2002, i buy a 57 Special in perfekt condition from a local used car trader.It was love at the first sight! The Buick stand between all the new BMW and VW`s. His Owner died with 34 and his mother dind´t know better, to place his Buick at a used car dealer.

Since this day, i drive the 57 Buick as a "all day driver".After some Engine service in the first time, the car run great- day by day.

This week i disassemble the Dynaflow for installation of new band´s and bearings.

I love doing this smirk.gif

I hope, someday i understand the way, to insert photos into the text confused.gif

I have some photos of "German" Buick´s.

sincerely

Markus

Guest imported_Thriller

Welcome aboard Markus. If you haven't read it already, there is a thread that explains inserting photos - Photo Insertion Thread - you'll want to have the photos uploaded to the Internet first.

It is nice to hear about your find. I'm looking forward to seeing some photos.

Guest imported_MrEarl

Welcome aboard Markus,

Would love to see some photos of the 57 Special. Let me know if I can help in any way. If need be email them to me and I can post them in this forum for you.

Another easy way is to upload your images to http://www.imageshack.us/

You don't have to wait for the image approval (it's still a good idea to post your pictures there).

Once the picture is uploaded on ImageShack, a new page opens with many links to the picture. I didn't try all the links but I know that it works if you copy the text in the "direct link to image" box on the ImageShack web site and paste it in the box that appears when you click on "Image" below "Instant UBB Code" just below the reply box of this forum.

Guest ZondaC12

i just looked at your photos in the gallery, looks like a nice show. then i saw the picture of your buick, VERY NICE. i think that mother would be happy to know that the buick ended up in your possession.

@ Philippe Racicot

Thank´s for the Invormation. First i translate the direction into German language.

@ ZoundaC12

Yes indeed, we have some great Show´s in Germany and also in Netherlands and Switzerland. The U.S. 50´s & 60´s Car scene grows.

Have i understood right? You´r Mother once drive a 57 Buick? Maybe it´s her old Car? cool.gif My Buick was sold by Mr&Mrs. Wiedling, South Bend, IN.

Sincerely

Markus

@ K 8096

OH!! I`m realy surprised about the German language here. Dankeschön!

Oh Boy, the gasoline is very expensive in Germany. On a Turnpike the Buick need round about 15 liters for 58 miles at a moderate speed. That´s o.k.

But every time i was at the Gas Station, i spare the money for food. this has two advantages: I get no overweight and the time i don´t eat, i cruisin with the Buick cool.gifgrin.gif

And yes, i was in Austria with the Buick. Remember the old slogan : the Buick " Makes any Peak a Piker" smile.gif

Sincerely

Markus

Guest ZondaC12

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">@ Philippe Racicot

Thank´s for the Invormation. First i translate the direction into German language.

@ ZoundaC12

Yes indeed, we have some great Show´s in Germany and also in Netherlands and Switzerland. The U.S. 50´s & 60´s Car scene grows.

Have i understood right? You´r Mother once drive a 57 Buick? Maybe it´s her old Car? cool.gif My Buick was sold by Mr&Mrs. Wiedling, South Bend, IN.

Sincerely

Markus </div></div>

oh no!!! im very sorry. i need to remember that you do not know english as well as we do! what i was trying to say: the mother of that man who died very young would be happy to know that you are the owner of that buick, you will surely take good care of it, you will maintain its condition. she would be very sad if the only choice was to send it to a junkyard or for some one who wants to hot-rod it to have bought it.

Guest invicta592

Hi Markus,

I don't know if the German Transport Department works to the same methods as the UK one, but I wrote to the DVLA and requested a full vehicle history for my '59 Invicta 2dr H/T. Obviously, the only history they had was its UK owners, but they did have copies of the importation documents, which includes.... the U.S. title to the car!!

Fortunately for me, the importer had purchased the car from the original owner. Sadly, the original owner, and his wife, had both passed away, so my hunt for information ended there.