Low vin '88 for sale or part out

Jim

I just picked up one of the first '88s made, it is vin 1G4EC11C4JB900106. Vin # 106 is listed in the data base as being a black car but the data base is incorrect.

This car appears to have never been in an accident and is red with a tan interior,black mouldings and has the 16 way seats. The car has 138,000 miles on it. There is a rust hole on the back fender and some surface rust on other parts of the car. I just drove the car 500 miles home from Chicago and it runs and drives very good. The car being a low vin has some distinctive features and if anyone is doing research on early vins send me an email and I can answer questions on this car. One of the items I found surprising is the seat belt escutcheons on the rear pillars do not have a hole in them for the Phillips screw like all the others.

I bought the car to part out but am reluctant to do so as it is such a low vin. I would sell the car for $ 1200 even though it is worth more than that in parts but may do so as it seems to have a new ABS unit on it and I have an opportunity to sell that unit.

If anyone is interested in the car please email me or post it here but I will be away from home from Tuesday until Sunday Oct 23.

I can be reached at jfinn@cpinternet.com