57 Oil Pump

31Buick

Would like to block off the vacume part of the 57 nailhead oil pump.

I have a new oil pump... very expensive and hard to find, most want a complete pump as a core and these are not readaly avalable anywhere. if anyone has a part # or a phone # it would be greatly appriciated.

or the year of a pump bottom that will fit. '58 does not, I have a new one for sale cheep. confused.gif

What I need is the bottom part of the oil pump, a block off or bottom part of a different year that does not have the vacume assembly. a '58 pump is completly different. When you get a new or rebuilt oil pump for a 57 there is no plate to hold the gears in place they fall out.

I think I see what you are saying. My question would be why bother removing the vacuum pump and useing a blanking plate. Leave the vacuum pump in place and just dont use it for vacuum. Either put a plug in the rubber vacuum hose or plug the pipe tapped hole in the side of the block. If you are bothered by the thoughts of the vacuum pump still spinning you can remove the vanes from the vacuum pump. That will, in effect, make the vacuum pump the blocking plate.... Bob.

The oil pump that I have is toast the pot metal is in at least 12 pieces. hard to visualize what it looked like when together. I need something... possibly the plate that was on the bottom but I need something to extend to the oil on the bottom of the pan and hook up a screen it looks like a 2 inch reach.

The only part not damaged is the cast iron and it does not have a friendly way to pick up the oil. I think it is to high to pick up a constant oil supply.