Halloween Candy

So I couldn't help myself. I broke into the Halloween candy and am working my way through a bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and the Kit Kats are starting to look nervous as well.<P>But enough about me. What are you giving out this year? Did you feel compelled to do some quality assurance testing beforehand?<P>Couple more of these and its off to stress test the Reatta's suspension... Ooooooh. Scaaaary!

I have to confess as well!!! I've been hittin' the goodies too. Almost ate all the "treats" which prompted a not-so-plesant comment from "the Mrs." I cheerfully advised her that if she wanted to assure a good supply of Haloween treats... BUY THE KIND I DON'T LIKE and I WON'T EAT ANY. It worked.

Its after 8pm, about 15 minutes since the last crew came to the door and only about 15 candy bars left...<P>Its getting late. Time to turn off the lights and "put away" the candy, right?<P>Heh, heh, heh. wink.gif

Wally, <P>This close to election day, you gotta be more specific. <P>If it is the new Gore math, it's one half for you (he promised you a full one, but he will decide if elected that you make too much money and a full one wouldn't be fair), one for me because I'm entitled to it under his new chocolate entitlement program, one-fourth of one for Social Security, two for his other new social programs, one for the Sierra Club, one for the handgun control lobbies, he will TAKE ONE BACK from the defense department, and if there are any left, one for the kids. <P>If it's the Bush math, it's one for me and you get to keep the rest because you earned them and they are yours! (Can you tell how I'm gonna vote?)<P>(Boy, I'll bet THIS message is gonna get some hot responses!)<P>Joe

We have 1 trillion candy bars. Bush will hand out 1 trillion to the neighborhood kids and give the other 1 trillion to the wealthiest 1%. Nice trick. Talk about your flaming sack of poo!<P>Think I'll go for the treat instead.<P>On the darker side, a 45 year old man got arrested for handing out Snicker bars in Mpls with pins in them last night. What a jerk. No one was seriously hurt.<p>[This message has been edited by miata'nreatta (edited 11-01-2000).]

tongue.gif I agree with you on most counts. But for<BR>me to vote with a clear conscious I think<BR>I'll be voting Libertarian. If it looks<BR>close, I'll vote Bush to keep Gore out of<BR>office though. Let the flames begin!!!<P>Brad Pennington<BR>Proud NRA member<BR>I'm as politically incorrect as they come<P>I drive and enjoy fossil fuel powered vehicles, smoke cigars on an occasion, enjoy<BR>a Killians Red, & shoot & carry a Glock!!<BR> cool.gif<BR>

miata'nreatta,<P>Well, as a guy who works in marketing, I'm happy to see that Al Gore's ad budget isn't wasted. However, as a voter, I'm sad to see you buying into his 'MediScare' and 'Bush means the end of the world as we know it' themes being pushed by such mental 'giants' as Barbara Streisand, Carl Reiner, Scott Baldwin and (as of this morning) Marlo Thomas. <P>Here's a more accurate look.<P>There are 2.4 trillion candy bars. Bush will give back a trillion, and use the rest to fund Social Security. <P>We can then use that trillion to fund research and development, investments and new businesses. <P>Now, what does that have to do with us as Buick fans? Well, last week while I was in LA and San Francisco, I paid as much as $2.05 per gallon for regular gas, and saw firsthand how expensive big a bueracracy they have made of keeping cars 'clean'. Getting your car smog checked and passed every year can cost up to several hundred dollars per car. I don't mind telling you, that concerns me a LOT.<P>With Al Gore's statements in his now often quoted book, "Earth in the Balance" that the internal combustion engine is the biggest threat to the world, do you really think the current situation will change in his administration? Do you really think that he will be harder or easier on junk car legislation, which the old car hobby has been fighting for years?<P>I apologize in advance for putting political commentary in a collector car forum, but I am constantly reminded that some politicians see my '65 Wildcat convertible and '70 GS 350 coupe as a threat to their new world order, tell me I'm killing children, being selfish and yada yada yada, while I see those cars as a hobby I've enjoyed for over 20 years. <P>In the meantime, they continue using my tax money pushing cars people don't want, won't buy and are not practical down the throats of the public. <P>If that is the case, can it be very long before they view my '90 Reatta coupe and '00 Chevy truck with the same disdain, declare them a threat and raise fuel prices and taxes on them to the point that I can't afford to drive them?<P>Hmmmm.....something to think about as all of us enjoy driving our Reattas to vote next week.<P>Joe

Guest wally888

I have always voted. This year, who knows.<BR>McCain was my choice if I couldn't keep Clinton!<BR> The only thing I can remember the R's voting for was impeachment.<BR> I cast a vote for a Bush once before and that was a mistake!<BR> Seems there were a lot of accusations about Clinton lying about a lot of things but most of the actual lying was being done by the R. members of the house.<BR> Still waiting on my share of the trickle down!