Sturgis Motorcycle Trip

Tom M

We stopped at this museum on the way home from our Sturgis Ride

pioneerautoshow .

Anyone else been there?

I took a few Pictures. One of a AMC Rambler for Matt and the one of a Amphicar (? SPELLING) for Amphicar Buyer but I have not got them develop yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Skyking

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Matt,

Rebel or Rambler? </div></div>

1970 Rebel Machine

WOW! I just spoke with the owner of that museum asking if he could send me a picture! Can I post it on our clubs Amphicars in museums site?

I missed Sturgis this year, I just replaced my Evo engine in my FLHR with a bit bigger engine. grin.gif (110", 115HP, 125 FT/Lbs torque) cool.gif I did not want to break it in on the hi-way so I had to stay home. mad.gif It's broke in now though! grin.gifgrin.gif

Amphicar BUYER,

Are you asking me if you can post the picture on your website? If so I have no problem with that.

It is nice to here you put some more muscle under you. What year is your FLHR? What model is FLHR?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you asking me if you can post the picture on your website? If so I have no problem with that.</div></div>

Thanks! We are always looking for pics of Amphis in captivity!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is nice to here you put some more muscle under you. What year is your FLHR? What model is FLHR? </div></div>

Mine is a '95 Road King. The only new vehicle I've ever owned.

In general though, the first letter is F (Big Twin), M (Military), X (Sportster), or V (VRSC).

Other initials include: B (Belt Drive), C (Classic, or sometimes Custom), D (Dyna Glide), DG (Disk Glide), E (Electric start), F (Fat Boy), H (High compression), L (Hydra Glide forks), LR (Low Rider), P (Police), R (Race or Rubber-mount), S (Sport or Springer), SB (Single belt final drive), ST (Softail), T (Touring), WG (Wide Glide).

In addition to the preceding model designations, the following letters and numbers may be appended in some cases: 2,3,4 (Custom Vehicle Operations), I (Fuel injection), SE (Screamin? Eagle), U (Ultra)

Here she is when I had the turbo on it...

321077-FLHRT.jpg

Wow that must have been a real screamer when you had the turbo on it.

Did you blow the motor and that?s why you but the bigger one in? ooo.gif

My plan jane HD is just a FXDR Convertible...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow that must have been a real screamer when you had the turbo on it.</div></div>

Yessir, she was a screamer!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you blow the motor and that?s why you but the bigger one in? ooo.gif</div></div>

Nope, I didn't blow it. The local dealer's amature techs blew it up for me! I wanted the torque of the big inch motor to pull the hack with all my camping gear and the turbo was too hot next to my leg. (I am paralized so I can't feel it)

Long story short. Thunder Mountain HD of Loveland, Co (AKA Blunder Mountain) and thier inferior workmanship stds caused me a 3 year long ordeal. 3 engines, 31 breakdowns, a fire and a FU from the gen manager. In the end I sued them and was awarded all I asked for. The judge even said she would have awarded more if the law would allow.

321110-BlunderMtn%20check%20lowrez.jpg

They even fired a saleman who was #6 in the country because he crashed his bike landing on a curb with his back and has to use crutches. He was told "it's not good business having a saleman with crutches". Yes, he sued and won hands down too.

It sounds like there are horror stories from every dealer. The guy I drove out to Sturgis had the rubber return oil line replaced with a chrome one and guess what 200 miles into trip it started to leak. Luckily the HD in Davenport Iowa stayed open to fix it for him. The mechanic at Davenport was telling us about a guy from Wisconsin had his 5,000 check up and got to Davenport (lucky for him he was visiting family there) the tranny started to make noise so he stop they check the oil and there was none. They forgot to refill it at the other dealer.

My brother was cut off on 294 two years ago to make it short they try blaming it on him because he hit her left rear. State law here says you can only sue for what your insurance covers. She only had 20/40. He only got 20 but after lawyers fees etc. He ended up with only 5g?s. And now he may need surgery on his collar bone.

This thread will probably get moved.