1965 Buick Electra 225 Convertible

russell

I am interested in purchasing this automobile and would like to know if anyone can help me with some questions. How can I determine the engine that is in this car? What is the price range for this model?

Thank you for any thing that may help me in my decision to purchase this car.

Best Regards,Russell

The engine should be a 401 Cu In Nailhead engine. If the car is still original, the air cleaner should have the number 445 and the word Wildcat on it. Also it should be a medium shade of green.

Watch the frame rails closely in the area by the back tires. Look it over for rust or rotting of the frame. Know that this is fixable usually but may be expensive.

I don't know what anyone would pay for such a car, but I love em...

JD

Guest 1964 225 Roadster

If it is the original engine, it will have the engine number near the front, on a small flat boss just in front of the intalke manifold, on the driver side. This may well be buried in grime and dirt.

It could also be an optional 425 in 1965, besides the more common standard 401.

This number (if you can find it and read it), will match the vehicle's VIN, which will be found on a smallish stainless strip inside the front edge of the driver door jamb. I believe that will also match the title in most states.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong about that, it's correct for '64 and I believe it's the same for '65.

Value:

a typical solid driver: running, driving, reasonably complete & unmolested, maybe some rust and a little ragged & tired, but needing general restoration to be a good show car - probably $3,000 to $5,000 range.

A truly perfect show car - around $20,000.

Recognizable Junk - $1,500 or less.

Just my impressions from watching the market for the past couple of years.