hot hot hot

it is hot in phoenix az and when i am driving my 66 starfire with a/c which all positions work fine BUT THE DUCT WORK UNDER THE DASH IS WARM AND AFTER APX 10 MILES DOWN THE ROAD THE FLOORS IN THE FRONT GET WARM I FELT FOR WARM AIR BUT NONE IS FLOWING OUT I PULLED THE FRONT CARPET OUT AND INSTALLED INSOLATION IT ALREADY HAS DEADING PAD AND CARPET INSULATION SO I ADD ANOTHER PAD THINKING THAT WOULD SOLVE MY PROBLEM BUT NO AS I WAS DRIVING I PUT MY HAND AS FAR AS I COULD REACH UNDER THE DASH AND THE DUCT WORK WAS REAL WARM I GOT HOME AND CHECKED TO SEE IF THE CABEL WAS ALL THE WAY OVER TO COLD AND CHECK UNDER THE DASH TOO IT WAS ALL THE OVER

SO WHAT COULD BE CAUSEING THIS PROBLEM ???

WERE SHOULD I CHECK FIRST BEFORING REMOVEING HE UNDERSIDE DUCTWORK

HELP ,HELP, HELP

Is the A/C cooling?

If it's not blowing hot air out the heater duct, I think it's just radiant heat from the engine area. There's not much airflow in the underdash and floor area to move the hot air out. Plus, when it's 100 degrees outside, it will be hotter in an enclosed area or somewhere with limited air exchange.

If the temperature door inside the heater box isn't sealing off completely in A/C mode you could get hot air, but it would affect the air temperature at the dash outlets.

Only other thing I can think of is the water valve on the engine is leaking by a little, but if the A/C is cooling normally it probably isn't.

• 1 month later...