To chrome or not to chrome?

SamuelWilson

I have a 1982 Ford Courier and it is an XLT model. This meant it received the bright trim package (chrome window edges, grill trim, etc). The rear bumper, however, was argent silver or black, but not chrome from the factory as far as I know. The vehicle is absolutely stock, no aftermarket anything.

I really do think the truck would look better if I chromed the rear bumper (now silver). I am just concerned about the integrity of the vehicle, I mean I really do want the vehicle to remain stock. What is this forums opinion on chroming a rear bumper that was never chrome to start with? Will I cheapen the value of my truck?

I guess our (fourm members) question to you would be what do you intend to do with the truck?

Is it a show truck, if so in AACA? For an AACA National show, if the truck left the factory with a silver or black bumper then there would be point deductions for a chrome bumper. In other shows it would depends on how they are judging.

If you are talking about sale value, I'm not sure it would really make much difference.

Yeah, if you want it stock leave it as it came from the factory. If you want the bumper chrome, chrome it. It's your vehicle.

hvs