OK, really, brake pads NOT to blame...

The rattling sound will never go away! Just a week or two ago, I had the rear brake pads replaced by my dealer, and they were quiet for about a day. But now they are rattling just as bad as they were before I had them replaced! Has anyone found a permanent way to fix the rear brake rattle?! I know this is not the first time this issue has come up, but the only solution so far I have seen has been rear brake pad replacement and rattle clip replacement. HELP!<P>Mike

I did have the brakes worked on at a GM dealer, so I would HOPE they did not use aftermarket pads. I also paid $140 to have it done (never again will I go to a dealer) so they better have used GM brake pads!!<BR>My situation might be worsened by the fact that I live on a gravel road. I will ask the dealer tommorrow what they used. Thank you for the help.<P>Mike

When you convers with the Dealer confirm that they installed new rubber grouments on the caliper pins, if they are worn this may case the ratteling. I also live on a gravel driveway and mine do not rattle with 67K miles. For $ 140.00 I would like a description of what services were performed, they should have performed a complete repair and service procedure.<P>Gary Frank

<P> The dealer probably did not replace the retainer bolt bushings. These bushings are available as a kit from GM and should be changed every time the pads are replaced. <P> Also check the shock dust covers. It you can see shiney strut above them, the jounce bumpers which retain them have deteriorated. They can be replaced with the same part number as 1993 Allante front jounce bumpers.<P> Bob Rich<P>