have you seen this color on any 1970 thru 72gs cc 73 vintage red

72gs350

i recently purchased a 1972 buick gran sport 350 from an older gentleman in pa . this car is painted vintage red irid. this is a riviera color from all the research ive done. color code 73 is stamped on the metal cowl tag which matches whats on the car. <span style="font-weight: bold">This car maybe a one of a kind.</span> [color:\\"red\\"] HAS ANYBODY SEEN A GS 350 OR 455 PAINTED THIS COLOR. PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO FOR ME. THANKS, BILL

My brother special ordered Charcoal Mist on his '72 GS Stage 1. Color was not available on Skylark/GS at that time and paid around $150 extra. Might be why you have a non-stock color on yours. Nice looking GS (I've never seen the color on one that I can remember).

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, if someone wanted to pay a few extra $$, then they could order a non-standard paint color. If you call the Sloan museum in Flint and ask for the daily production report for your bodystyle, the report will tell you how many came in your color. It's probably more than 1 though. An alternative is to post on the v8 Buick board, www.v8buick.com . Some of those guys already have the production reports.