Improving the ride

Hi, I have a 91 with 72K miles. I'm looking to put new struts on. Does anyone have a suggestion?(what brand, model and where to buy them) Also, whats on the rear end? This car's been great, but the ride is feeling a little tired.

I just put new struts on my 91 Reatta Conv. in June (67K). I used Monroe. Front struts are available through most parts distributors, but in mid N.C., no rear struts. Got Monroe reat struts through Carparts.com. Make sure you or your mechanic knows about the special tool needed to replace the rear struts (see previous postings to research this). I used Monroe 71966 Rear and 71854 for front. The best way to get to the order page. Go to the home page of carparts.com, enter the Reatta, then click on replacement parts, then go to shocks. That's the only way I could cross reference. Apparently no one else makes rear shocks. My ride improved. Good luck. Prior to the new struts, I replaced the tires (with Michelin).<BR>The ride improved with the tires, and again with the struts.

I took your advice and bought the Monroe struts -- got them from Advance Auto 68.00 for the fronts and 48.00 for the rears. Had to order control arm bolts from the dealer for the rears 31.00 (ouch) total cost for new ride, not priceless. About $500.00