1950 Pontiac Restoration

I am having a 1950 Pontiac restored. It was my grandfather's car. We are missing some pieces. The most important one is the right front bumper guard. I am not sure if that is the correct name for it. It is the big piece that sits vertically on the front bumper. There is supposed to be one on each side of the license plate. I have the one that goes to the left of the license plate, but I am missing the one that goes on the right.

There are other parts I need as well. Does anyone know of a good place to contact for parts like this?

gramps50

Go to e-bay autos and type in 1950 Pontiac bumper guard. There none now, but eventualy there will be one listed. (there are 8 bumper guards listed now for different cars.)

If you are looking for tail lights, there over 10,000 listings every day!

I know how hard it is to find Pontiac parts so I have quite a list of places to search for them here are the ones that should help you the most.

Kelseys parts

1-641-648-9086

Patomac pontiac 1-301-668-0101

East West pontiac parts

1-800-447-2886

Fort Auto Parts

Huachuca City Az. 85616

520-456-9082

Gaylord rachels

218-736-2622

Has Pontiac parts

Also when you are ready for chrome check out http://www.advancedcustomchrome.com they are awsome

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 50streamliner

i believe i have a set from my streamliner i wont be using. if interested please email me and i will check condition. i am pretty sure pass side is nice shape. thanks

Guest 50streamliner

basically it is the same body. but fenders-hood-trunk has added body lines and the pontiacs have one piece bumpers. and pontiac has open driveshaft and a really neat dash. my personal opinon is the pontiac is classier looking and better built than chevrolet.

Guest 50streamliner

no they used the two piece as chevy. oldsmobile used the one piece. pretty easy conversion. good luck with your project