GS Stage one

We have at least 3 stage ones and 7 GS. We checked the website listed above and the info they had has led us to believe they are Stage ones. One has a four sp. We haven't got all of the cars home yet. They all need work but can be restored. I'll try to post pictures if you are interested. We are new to Buicks as you can tell!

Pictures would be great. There's a limit on this forum of 100K size for

"attachments" of photos, so that can make it harder. If you post them on a "photo bucket" style web page, you can make links that display photos with much larger file sizes, and they will appear within your post. There are threads on the forum with info on how to do this, or just post here and ask one of the kind experts how to do it. Not me, though. I'm iggorant. tongue.gif

• 3 months later...

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Here is what we ended up with: a 60 Lesabre convertible and 2dr hardtop, a 67 Skylark, 2 70 Stage Ones, a 71 Stage One, 2 72 Stage Ones and a 72 Riviera and an 87 Grand National. Some had been sitting out in the weather for ?? years. There were trees growing up around some of the cars and my husband had a hard time getting them out! A couple of them are now running. We will be selling a few of them. We can't keep them all! Though my husband thinks otherwise! wink.gif The Riviera and Skylark will probably go on Ebay this week. If anyone is interested, you can contact us.

This sounds like an interesting story. If you don't want to explain I understand. But how does one come across such a treasure trove of rare Buick muscle and specialty cars all at once? Was this a relative who owned these cars? If you can, your story would be interesting.

• 2 months later...

My husband, Tom, was told about a 53 convertible that could be for sale. After a few weeks, the guy decided to sell. He also had some other Buicks that he may want to sell. His father had a collection of Buicks. We were told that it was probably the largest one on the east coast. After about a year went by the guy decided to sell some of the cars. He had sold a few in years past. We had to take all of the ones he wanted to sell or no deal. Several people have told us that they had tried to buy the cars from this guy after the father passed away with no luck. After some research, we found out the motors weren't the orignal ones. We were told that "Pop" liked to change motors. A few of the cars were raced at Cecil County Dragway. One was called Old Blue. A friend of Pop's has since bought it and has plans to restore. If anyone else knew Pop, we'd love to hear more stories about him. From what we have heard he was quite a character who loved his Buicks! grin.gif