master cylinder fro 1988

I have a 1988 Reatta that I've been told by a local dealer needs a master cylinder. The dealer also says they have ck'd all of their resources nation-wide and the type of master cylinder needed is not available anywhere. <BR>Does anyone have any idea/resource for such an item. Would be most appreciative.<BR>Penelope

Hi Penelope,<P>Sorry it took me so long to reply, I've been really busy with a project.<P>The gentleman who I have been in contact with is named Dick Hussey, he has been seeling rebuilt units for Allantes for awhile now. He is the tech guru at the Caddillac Allante board and is also a new Reatta owner. You can check him out on the Allante board at <A HREF="http://www.allante.net." TARGET=_blank>www.allante.net.</A> <P>The price is $750 plus shipping and you have to send him your old unit. That's for the pump, accumulator and master cylinder. I don't know if he'd be willing to just sell the master cylinder, but you can try.<P>You can get more info from Dick. His number is 561-844-3938, and his email address is dhussey@prodigy.net.<P>Good luck, and if you have any more questions, please feel free to email me.<P>Jim<BR>