OT Is this thing for real???

Guest BUICKPOWER

NO BRAKE PROBLEM WITH THAT ONE UNLESS YOU COUNT THE STOP WHEN IT HITS THE GROUND AT 200 MPH TRY TO GET THAT FIXED AT THE LOCAL GARAGE

There was a limited test flight last year in which it hovered briefly. The next test is supposed to me a bit more comprehensive. <P>Getting it to work is a minor part of it though, I think. Think of all of the infrastructure implications this thing presents. <P>Also the maintenance any aircraft requires will make you glad you own a Reatta!<P>When all's said and done, I do believe these will have a place, but I wouldn't sell my stock in Goodyear just yet...<BR>

They we're pumping people for investments in Sili-Valy 7 or 8 years ago, same photo (a working proto was at that time said to be 3 years away). Cool concept, but like previous comments ...infrastructure for a 3D highway is like multi-layered chaos management (fuzzy, not impossible). Safety?...maybe a mars rover style air bag-bubble?<P>Remember those air powered canisters used in department stores/banks to transport paperwork, etc.. I'd go to work in a big one of those.....phhhhoop.<P>Still, it sure looks like a sweet ride....

It's notta-Reatta but.....<P>I love it. Thanks, both concepts are fabulous. Even magnetic variations of Beach's concepts have been considered. Great info ....too cool when old is new.