87 lesabre wont start

I have been trying and trying to get this car running, I hope someone here can help. This all started one morning when the car would crank but not start. The previous day there was nothing wrong. After cranking it for a bit later in the day it started up and ran fine. Drove it around a while, came home shut the car off, hasent started since. The computer shows no codes. From what I was reading online, I replaced the crank sensor, no result. I swapped the ECM, coils and ICM from a parts car and still nothing, there is gas but no spark. I also replaced the temp sensor. There is a new MAF on there from about a year ago. Anyone have any ideas?

Pull off the coil packs, and clean the terminals. Then pull off the spark control module and clean between the module and the bracket. This worked for me on a 3800 91 car. I know yours is a bit different but I'm thinking no ground. Otherwise timing chain and tensioner.

JD

• 4 months later...

I also get that problem it started up and ran fine. came home shut the car off, hasn't started since. I sent it to shop so they changed the timing chain and it started but then it hasn't started again. Four days before I changed the spark module and it was ok but 4 days later happed this. they told me that was the spark module again, I bougth it again and this [@!#!$] doesnt work, could be the crank sensor or what? somebody can help me

Take a look at this post. http://forums.aaca.org/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=227684&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=2&vc=1

It shows what I was talking about. Look at the very end of the list on page two, and see the picture I attached. Try this first and also clean the ground terminal where it attaches to the motor.