What was your favorite car that you owned as a teenager?

michel88

Guest rbl2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I changed the plymouth picture from a .bmp with index color to a .jpg with RGB color and then uploaded it to my server.

Your roadster picture was already a .jpg so it worked.

laugh.gif </div></div>

You're gonna have to teach me that trick.

I know this link is off topic and may be removed for that reason but while it's here some of you may enjoy these pictures of Iraq

I am not responsible for all of them, maybe 90%. When we could, we'd swap out with each other. That was very difficult when I first got there.

These are good pictures. There are only a few of wounded people and then nothing gory. If I thought these pictures were out of line I would not post the link here.

I think there are 124 pictures there. I have MANY more on my puter. Far too many to post anywhere. I probably have about 3 gigs of pictures, or more.

Enjoy.

Guest rbl2

Nice car. I remember them. barely though, I was 5 yo.

My ol man used to take me out and show me the new cars he was wishing he could afford. yellowyes.gif

My first car was a 73 Vega wagon I bought Sr yr in Hs for 150. It had a 2-bbl carb and could not get out of its own way. My 2d car was a 73 Vega Notchback (parts for the 1st) that I never paid the guy --25.00-- for but swapped him a radio instead.

My father nearly died (likely of shame). He drove a 34 Ford 3-window as his work car; a 32 Ford Roadster as his fun car (my mom was scared of it) and the 41 Merc was the "good car."

My dad gave me a Chilton's book and a full toolbox and told me not to bother him.....

But my favorite was a brand-new robin's egg blue Chevy LUV truck. Bought it when I was 18, it had white Jackman's and sliding window. In it, I dragged home enough parts (3 truckloads of 'stuff') to build my first Harley-Davidson.

My dad helped me build it --of course-- and I had that bike until I was 25.

Ouch.... that was 20 years ago ....