1925 studebaker roadster frame

I have recently bought a 1925 studebaker roadster body. The body is just the sheet metal no frame. I am looking for all the dimensions so that I can build a frame for the car or if anybody has one that they would like to sell let me know. If anyone knows what the dimensons are so that I can build one please help. A drawing of the frame or if there is another frame that works better. I am going to make a street rod out of the car. Does anyone know if a ford roadster frame works.

Please help

Twiggy

See attached picture of car.

Guest stude8

Without getting out the chassis parts books I can tell you they built several models that year with different wheel bases and engine sizes, there was a Big 6 of 354 CID, a Standard 6 of 221 CID? and a Light 6 of 209 CID? Are there any body tag numbers on fire wall? A body number would tell what model you have. Stude8

I will look and see if I can find any body tags on it. I don't think that there are any on it though. I looked for some awhile back real quick and did not see any. I will look again to see if I see any. They should be on the door post or the firewall right?

Guest stude8

The 2993 is not a model number but probably the serial body number, I was hoping there would be some alphabetical characters with it, Studebaker models of that period all start with two alpha characters like ER or EU.

Just on the chance the sheet metal is in good enough condition if you look closely on the top trailing edge of say a front fender flange where the running board would attach you might find the 6 digit fender part number stamped in the metal in about 1/2 inch tall characters. Any part number would be easy to lookup in a body parts books and zero in on the year model. These letters are likely to be full of dirt and rust so you might have to take a wire wheel brush to them to be able to read them if they aren't rusted away too bad. Stude8

I checked all the pieces that I have again and I could not find any more numbers on them. The only other thing that I found was a tag on the dash that said body built by studebaker. That helped a whole lot. Thanks for all of your help. I am not sure what I will do now.

• 1 month later...

I have a 25 Standard 6 Duplex Phaeton and a 25 Special 6 Sports Roadster. Your picture sure looks like a Standard 6 to me. I have a couple of frames for 22-24 but not sure if they are the same, I will have to measure them and see. If you go to my web site I have a copy of some information and pictures from Studebaker. http://www.geocities.com/oldstudemike/ follow the Studebaker Literature link. It should help you.