89 convertible with no CRT screen?

On Monday (10th) I drove by a place with a Black Convertible in the parking lot. I screeched to a halt since I've been trying to find this car for a year.(I saw it once last year when I bought mine)<P>I stepped inside a Floral Shop and asked for the owner of the car. A middle aged woman stepped out and we began to talk. She said that it was an 89' and she had had it for about 5 yrs. <P>I thought this was odd for two reasons. #1. I did'nt think the Reatta was available as a convertible until 1990. #2. When I looked inside, I saw no touch screen. It looked just like my 90'. <P>My question is, were any 89's produced without the touch screen and convertible. Or is this woman just full of S**t?<P>After speaking to her for a few moments, I realized that she knew absolutely nothing about cars. She said that she lived in Ft.Wayne, IN and that her husband had sold her on the car.<P>They were originally going to buy a Mercedes Convertible, but her husband liked the ride of Buick much more. (Take that you German snobs!)<P>I told her about this site, and she seemed quite suprised. Like I said, not a car person. Talk at you latter.

All the evidence says it is a '90. The proof will be in the VIN #. If you see it again, copy the VIN down and you can get Tom or Barney to decifer it for you or look in the database for '89 and '90 ViIN #s.

She could of bought it in 89 as a 90 model. She's saying that it's a 89 because she bought it in 89. If you can check to see when the car was built by checking the driver's door for the build date. Also check to see if it has been wrecked. the door sticker may not be orginal.<P>Matt Wolfe<P>------------------<BR>If your not living on the edge your taking up too much space.

I thought she was full of it, but was'nt quite sure. Thanks for clearing up my confusion. I attempted at the time to try and explain that to her, but it was obvious to me that she would'nt have known what the hell I was talking about.<P>What's interesting is she said that there are several of them in her home town. I'm a stone's throw away from Ft.Wayne (About a 45 minute drive for me) but even if I did see several Reatta's, I'd be hesitant to stop and chat.<P>I've been there and done that and have experienced mixed emotions. Some folks are like me and can talk all day about them to a total stranger. Others are like the woman I mentioned above and as far as they're concerned, they could be driving a Chevy Chevette!<P>Thanks for the info.