Cant get the wheels off a 1960 Chrysler

Guest 72sst

Guest 72sst

I am having a problem getting the wheels off of my 1960 Chrysler Saratoga.I finally got the lug nuts off but the wheels wont budge.I have sprayed them and

tried a hammer to no avail.The car was sittintg in Nebraska outdoors when I bought it.The wheels turn and the car doesnt run.

Thanks,

Eric

Guest Randy Berger

Spray the hubs with PB Blaster. WD-40 is useless.

Let'em soak overnight.

Then get a BIG hammer and they'll pop off.

YFAM, Randy Berger

Guest De Soto Frank

And beat on the tire; not the rim...they will bend...

I'm kinda puzzled - I have a 1960 Chrysler (plus other old MoPars), and I've never run up against this...

Once the lugs are off, there's not really anything to hold the rim to the drum....

Definitely use PB-Blaster or even Diesel oil around the hub; WD-40 is out of it's league here...

I guess by this point, you're aware that MoPars of this vintage have left-hand lugs on the driver's side of the vehicle ? (Remind the guys at the tire shop, so that they don't strip your lugs with the impact gun !)

Good Luck !

Guest Randy Berger

Thanks for posting the results. I'm thinking of buying a holster for my can of PB Blaster - it also helps toilet flappers seal better! Read the can - amazing product. I doubt you'll ever have the stuck wheel problem again. The car must have sat quite a while.

YFAM, Randy Berger

Guest 72sst

Randy,

The car sat since its last registration in 1997.It was owned by the same couple in Nebraska since 1963.Ive owned it for 2 years without touching it.Ive decided to start doing some work on it finally.I got tired of looking at the flat tires.

By the way ,what is PB Blaster and where can I get some?

Thanks,

Eric

Guest Randy Berger

PB Blaster is the best rust-buster I have ever used. It is carried in most autoparts stores. The spray can is mostly white with some yellow and red trim. Once you try it you'll never use anything else.

YFAM, Randy Berger